Food Safety Initiatives
In light of all of the food safety issues that have been in the news over the last 18 months, Ashman Manufacturing's business plan for 2010 was to begin the process of working towards meeting Global Food Safety Initiative Standards (GFSI). Global certification programs are intense and expensive as their requirement far exceed current regulatory standards. Becoming GFSI compliant takes time and resources that tax a small firm, but is necessary so that we can provide our clients opportunities to do business with the world class retailers they deserve. These standards require commitment, constant critical review resulting in continuous improvement, constant training and staff development, advance business planning and operational upgrades in almost every facet of our business.
The Ashman Manufacturing team is committed to the process, so that we can continue to take your concepts to market with products that are wholesome and safe. By using our expertise in recipe development and production you can feel confident that you have a product that will meet your customer's expectations for a gourmet, safe and wonderful eating experience.
Program improvements included:
- Comprehensive Good Manufacturing Practices & Sanitation Standard Operation Practices (GMP & SSOP) : Training for all staff
- Acidified Food Better Processing Control School : Attended by four key staff members
- Upgraded lab equipment
- Reviewed and modified or improved five key operational programs or record keeping opportunities
- Completed structural and grounds improvements
- Added a new labeling and coding line for greater efficiency
- Improved the Technical Review Policy for all new products or customer requested changes to existing products or new pack sizes